Scottish Disability Sport has produced an excellent guide the Paralympics which runs from 24th August to 5th September in Tokyo. This guide aims to raise awareness of the Paralympic Games and the Scottish para-athletes competing as part of ParalympicsGB in Tokyo.
Within this resource there are many links that you can follow to access more information on many different aspects of the Paralympic Games.
SDS has tried to anticipate questions you may wish to know the answer to such as:
• What are the Paralympic Games?
• What is the Paralympic Symbol?
• Who are the Scottish para-athletes and what sports are they competing in?
• How are Paralympians classified to make competition fair?
• Factfiles and videos about each of the sports that Scottish para-athletes are competing in (except target shooting).
• Where to go for further information.
The guide can be displayed on screen from the link below or downloaded to your computer using the Download button.
In addition to the content listed above they have included the SDS Schools Boccia Resource and an Interactive Fact Sheet which learners can use to do their own research about the Scottish para-athletes.
If you require further information, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. If you or anyone you know would like to engage in disability sport at any level please contact Scottish Disability Sport, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 0131 317 1130 and they will support you/them to get involved.